Sunday, March 18, 2012

One Year!!!

One year ago today we adopted Mr. Fox!!  I took him home on a Friday after getting him from Nanci and her niece, who was his foster mom for a few weeks.  That's when they told me he was NOT a lap dog. 
Spending the night in my lap - Ms. Scruffy has worked her way in there too!

 My sweet Foxy Boy.....  In the time we've had him, he's:
  • Eaten more shoes than I can remember, not just chewed folks, eaten away, big chunks of shoe, gone.  Sigh.... 
  • Gotten rid of many toys for us, especially those made of plastic.  This has made for easy de-cluttering for those of us don't like to spend time doing such things.  
  • Eaten more napkins than I can count - at least a whole package in the course of the year.  I should know as I've had to help them make their way out of his other end!
  • Acted like he's going to kill any passers by as we walk on the leash, which is funny given he's such a baby.
  • Been a thief!  That little boy will steal anything - hair ties, socks, wrappers, etc, right out from under your nose, look at you sideways and then run as if to say, 'Ha, ha you lame human!  I win again!"
  • Learned to 'drop it' most of the time.
  • Used his Meerkat ways to steal from the trash.
  • Been loved up like a little baby, getting countless belly rubs and is currently in his grandma's lap.
  • Taken up sleeping under the covers with his little doggy back pressed up against mine all night long.  Imagine my surprise when I thought my little boy had climbed into bed during the night and felt fur.
  • And the list goes on and on but I'll tell you... we sure love that little one-eyed, crazy-ass dog even though as Husband says, "He wasn't very lovable when we got him!"  
 Mr. Fox is definitely a different dog than he was when we brought him home a year ago.  He was unpettable - not that, that's a word - but seriously, you couldn't pet him without his mouthing you constantly and he was unwalkable as well - there's another non-word for you from the 4th grade teacher!  He sure is a lot better and just a love.  Maybe us humans will have some cake to celebrate and perhaps there will be some special treats for the pups.

2 comments:

  1. Our dogs eat the craziest things, too...happy one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment!! This dog is the most comical I've ever had!

      Delete