Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oye Vey

I see Fox and Scruffy updated you all in my absence.  Thank goodness those dogs can take over.  Whew!

Last week I had an endoscopy to see why I've been nauseous for almost three months.  Husband kept saying he thought I had an ulcer.  He was almost right.  I have a bunch of 'small erosions' that are akin to those canker sores you may get in your mouth.  Yikes.  No tomato sauce, no garlic, nothing acidic.  This is not good for a fat girl who likes wine and chocolate among other things.

Yes, that's the inside of my stomach.  Isn't it cool? See those white spots?  Those are the small erosions.  I have new medicine.  It hasn't taken effect yet :/
On the day of the test I rushed home to meet Husband who was my driver and I see that the bed is sans sheets.  I inquire...  He tells me some dog s*&% pooped in the bed, under the covers, the night before as we slept.  Ewwwww!!!!!  It was on his side - thank God!  I call this karma because Husband is the one who lets the dogs lick everything off his dinner plate.  Double ewwwww!  I tell him not to do this because it will upset their stomachs but he doesn't listen.  Upon further explanation, I found out it was more of a wet fart than a big poo.  Triple ewwwww!

Really dogs?  Really?  Pooping in the bed?  We have a dog door you know. Please NEVER do this again BUT thank you for doing this on Daddy's side!

Needless to say, we came home from the test and the bed still needed a sheet.  I put one on in my stupor.  Apparently, I texted my mother and don't remember it.  I am not sure how I managed to get a sheet on the bed in that state.  Thankfully, the sleep was good and my doggies kept me company all curled up among my legs.

We are all getting back to being our so called normal selves. 
Mr. Fox has resumed his usual position on my lap now that I'm back in action, so to speak.

It's hard to believe those cute, curly tailed butts could do such, uh, harm.




10 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely certain that the reason you have stomach problems and hubby doesn't is that hubby gets the good vibes from letting canines put good enzymes on His plates by pre-washing the plates. You ought to try it. OK, Fox and Scruffy, you have my address for the payment for the testimonial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL!!! Kyla I am laughing so much!!! Ironically, he is usually this sick one and now he let's them lick those leftovers and he's healthy! You may be on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahaahaahaa! Sorry, but we think it's funny. Our friend Millie's pawrents found DRIED poo in their bed! They wondered how long it had been there......

    Hope your new meds help you get better. You need wine and chocolate to survive.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... Nothing like that has happened at our house... :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, to us that was funny. However I almost fainted when I found out that was your inside tummie, needs some work, either a scrapper or a sand blasting job would work.

    Your Spooky Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poo is funny, isn't it? The stomach, not so much. I thought it was from a bacteria - nope, probably stress because I am not a heavy drinker or ibuprofen taker.

      Delete
  6. Oh I hope your new meds kick in soon.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks William. My tummy is a tad better. Hope you didn't overdo it on the Halloween candy ;-)
    Alyssa, Mr. Fox & Scruffy

    ReplyDelete