Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Figured it Out!!

Oh My Dawg!  I finally figured out what kind of terrier Scruffy is.  I was trolling the local shelter websites, not that I'm getting another dog, but I look at the babies there every now and then.  On one of them I saw a Scruffy dog, like my Scruffy Girl and it said that dog was believed to be a Dandie Dinnmont Terrier.  Here's a pic of them in a non groomed state:


I have been wondering about her long body and poof on the head and here we have it - part of the breed.  And guess what all my Scottie friends?  This breed is of Scottish origin!  How cool is that?!

My Sweet Scruffy Doodles.  
 Of course, I am not sure if Scruffy is a pure breed but I don't care.  I saved her life and gave her a good home with Nutjob Mr. Fox and two cats to chase and lots of bones and toys and hugs and rubs and love.  I have a feeling she is mixed with something else but I think the biggie is the Dandie.  I love her so much!


15 comments:

  1. Well there you go, close enough for us. Doesn't really matter to us, Scruffy is what Scruffy is, she is part of blogville, thats what counts!!!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it guys?! I love my baby so much and have just wondered because she looks like some kind of breed. We love our blogville friends, few that we have, but we don't care! We love you all!

      Delete
  2. We know about dandies....not that we've ever seen one in the fur. But it looks like it might be.....

    We don't care what dogs are anyway..she's beautiful just the way she is!

    XXXOOODaisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she? I think she is much more beautiful than the picture from the web.

      Delete
  3. Tell the groomer to let the hair on top grow. Then we'll have a better idea. Even though everyone suspects I'm 100% Scottie, Kaci isn't a recognized breed. The vet said that mixes are healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Kyla, I am the chief groomer and I have been trying to flatten her poof. Let's see what happens!

      Delete
  4. She does look like a dandy girl!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Scruffy, I forgot to tell you that on my second blog PetBlogsUnited.com we have 10 holiday giveaways going on!

    It's also a place for pet bloggers to be featured.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your are a Dandie no matter what your breed.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and drop by, I've got something for you:)
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's Dandy! You, Dandie, you!

    ReplyDelete