Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Skunked!

We had a visitor a few weeks back.  He's come around before and graced us with his stench. 

 Notice Shaggy laying on the chair nonchalantly watching Mr. Skunky Poo.
I love that cat!
This guy came right up to the sliding door in the back yard.

How do you think my terrier reacted???  Well, Like a true terrier, I say!  She was ready to kill it!  If only I'd have let out.
I'm going to KILL IT!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if that were all that happened?  Why yes, yes, it would indeed!  However, Mr. Skunky Poo came back again another night, only this time we didn't see him in time close the dog door.... and Scruffy ran out there in true terrier style ready to take him on!  And she was promptly sprayed... in the face...  I knew it happened as soon as I heard husband wake from a slumber and yell, "NOOO!"  He grabbed Scruffy and I took her and started giving her a bath which she hates and makes her tremble.  I used all the proper ingredients, baking soda, lemon juice, vinegar, water, dawn soap.  Do you know that damn dog still smells!!  I have since given her three more baths, and even bought the $13 Deskunking shampoo and she has that smell on her snout and cheeks a little.  I can not wash her again.  It is too traumatic for her.  Husband was rinsing dishes and she began to tremble thinking she was getting another bath.  Poor thing.  The funny thing is, when Fox got skunked, twice mind you, we gave him one bath at the time and then another a week later using lavender baby soap and he was desmellified.  I know, that's not a word, but it is now! 

When Mr. Fox came in from his skunking and rolled his stinky body all over the bed we were sleeping in which actually made this skunking a bit easier because Scruffy didn't have a chance to jump on the bed.  

You know what else?  That darn skunk wouldn't leave.  He stayed.  Husband has a deskunking ritual of going outside (in his underwear) and hosing down the whole outside of the house so the stench doesn't linger.  He went out and the skunk was still there, just hangin' around and didn't care about the water.  Needless to say, there was no outdoor cleaning.  

We don't get a lot of sleep around here.

4 comments:

  1. Do they make that? Her fur's getting that 'greasy, I need a bath' feeling. Poor dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know this is not a funny thing to be skunked but I am laughting, in your shoes I would be saying the same thing "Do you know that damn dog still smells!!
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that damn dog is just now not smelling because I gave her one more bath, WITH LAVENDER BABY SOAP!!!! I swear that works better than all the other remedies.

    ReplyDelete