Thursday, June 16, 2011

April 5, 2011

Mr. Fox has just plopped himself on the couch with me.  Last night I got an amazing cuddle from him.  He laid on his back with his paws up and I rubbed his belly and we fell asleep like that, with him in the crook of my arm.  Poor baby had to go in the crate when I woke up at midnight. 

He has been having lots of fun chewing our stuff despite the abundance of toys. We give him bones and he hides them in the corners of the couch cushions.  Stuff he has chewed: one of my shoes; various ziploc bags containing things; one of Little T's Indiana Jones guys; two rolls of toilet paper he got from the bathroom (our roll holder is broken so it sits on the floor); a container of baby wipes, also stolen from the bathroom; a collar; two harnesses and a leash that I let Little T play with.  I may have left something out! 

I got him a HALT-I.  It's this thing that goes over his nose and snaps behind his ears and it's supposed to be the humane way to stop pulling on the leash.  It's helped but he hates it and tries to get it off by rubbing his head on the grass.  It also attaches to his collar so it he does manage to get it off he's still attached to the leash.  Little T has informed me of the times Mr. Fox has gotten away from Husband: twice out the front door and one of those times Husband had to chase him down the street and twice at the park but Husband grabbed the leash quickly.  Today I came home and the dog wasn't here.  I called Husband and found out he had taken Fox to go pick up Little T at camp.  When they came home and he saw me, he ran right from the truck to me all waggy and cute.

I think/hope he is the most excited to see me in the morning.  He goes nuts and needs lots of rubbing and petting.  Fox was not happy to smell that little puppy MaryAnne had in her room.  I held it a little bit.  She is the total opposite of this guy and truthfully if she came along before this guy I'd have taken her.  She's calm, a girl, small and did I say calm?  I mentioned her to Husband and he said he's not switching dogs.  I keep feeling like giving him an out and of course he asks me if I'm the one that wants the out.  Honestly, the other one will probably be an easier dog, but I'm in love already.  How could I give this guy up? How did your niece do it? I don't think I could ever be a foster dog mommy because I would fall in love too easily.  If I didn't have Husband to control me, I would consider having two, but I think it would bother Mr. Fox too much.  Speaking of which he peed on my curtains twice and on the kitchen trash a few times too.

He and Shaggy seem to co-exist ok.  One time Shaggy was sleeping on top of a dresser we have in the living room and Mr. Fox laid down right underneath him on the floor.  I will give them both treats in the kitchen at the same time.  Sometimes they both get cat treats and sometimes they both get dog treats and like them all.  Scooby hisses anytime he sees the dog and keeps to himself in the bedroom.  Shaggy will still hiss and swat but he seems to just be letting the dog know he's the alpha in this house!

In the time I've typed this email he's gotten up off the couch to run outside and howl at the sirens, brought me one of Husband's shoes (right on top of the couch) and gotten one of his bones out of the corner of the couch chewed it for a few minutes, then stopped that to thoroughly lick my feet and when Shaggy came and sat down in the living room he tried to get the cat to play with him.  Shaggy hissed.  I imagine in cat language he was telling Mr. Fox to leave him the fuck alone and stay away from his mommy.  Shaggy hasn't slept with me in two or three nights.  All in all he's a sweet pup.

And now you can sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment