Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our New Crazy Pup

I know most people write blogs about their families and kids, and I have those, but a few months ago my husband and I decided to take in a wayward stray dog found roaming the streets of Carson.  We, and when I say we, I mean I, were thinking we'd get a dog this summer because as a teacher I have the summer off and I could be home with a new puppy or dog and get our 7 yr old son used to having a dog.

One day I saw a post on Facebook from one of our most dog loving teachers, Nani, she said he looked like he just crossed the border from TJ!  I passed it by but then it came back again with a caption saying the 13.5 lb dog needed a home by April 6th because his foster mom, Nani's niece, was going on vacation.  I showed my husband his picture and told him to ask his customers if they wanted the little guy.  He looked at me and said, "Oh, he's little, maybe we can try him out."  That was all I needed to hear.  Knowing my husband, I needed to act quickly before he changed his mind.  

I believe it was March 11th, a Friday, when Nani's niece brought the dog to my classroom at the end of the school day so I could take him home.  His foster mom told us, he was VERY hyper and boy was she right!  I got him in the car and drove home with him going nuts walking around the seat, wanting to be in my lap, jumping, moving and jumping some more.  I walked him over to the school to pick up my son from his after school program and show him the dog.  He didn't know - it was a complete surprise to him.  He was very happy!  We all walked home together.  I will talk more about the walks in another post - they're a trip!!

Our new little pup spent the evening pacing the house, front door to back door, over, and over and over and over until it was time to get in his crate and sleep for the night.  As this little guy walked around the house, we all decided that he looked exactly like a little red fox and so we decided to name him Mr. Fox.  He is also known as Foxy, Fox, Dopey Dog and Mr. Nutjob!  But I must say... we love him and all his craziness so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment