Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who's Really In Charge Here? (From 3/26/11)

Nani,
Here is your daily update!

Mr. Fox is calming down a bit.  The adventures were light today.  In the morning Mr. Fox ran in and out of the back yard until we went to Target to buy snacks for the T-Ball game (I was snack mom this week).  How could I leave the little dog home?  It wasn't hot out and was cloudy, so I figured he would be ok in the car while we shopped a little.  He saw our shoes go on and he was so excited so I took him in the car and off we went.   We left him in the car with the sun roof cracked and when we got back he was fine.  Of course we bought him more treats even after Husband came home with some rawhide things last night.  Oh, and some new dry food.  His poo is soft.  It comes out in logs but is mushy.  I only know this because I am one of those people who picks it up with a plastic bag and tosses it out.  Anyway, I got some Beneful in pouches, it's dry food with a few moist things in it.  I gave him half a packet and he ate it.  It's the first dry food he ate for me.  He didn't even eat the one you guys sent with him.  Husband gave him a packet of the moist Pedigree for dinner. 

We went to TBall where I saw a big sign that said 'NO Dogs', among NO other things.  I don't know why I didn't see it last time, but anyway, being the rule follower, I put him in the car.  He was ok.  When we got home I took him for a little walk and he pooped.  I have a cold so Husband let me take a big nap and the dog hung around with him and Little T in the living room.  We just ate a frozen pizza and Mr. Fox was right there begging for food and trying to get it off the coffee table.  Yes, we eat in the living room. 

Dog vs Cat
This morning, Mr. Fox discovered the cat door when he was in the back yard.  He came in the bedroom, where the cats live.  Who knows where Scooby was, but Shaggy was right there.  He gave Mr. Fox a big hiss, a swipe that seemed to be one of those 'I missed you on purpose' ones and then chased the dog into the corner where he cowered.  OMG!  Why am I not surprised the cat is in charge?  Shaggy is the alpha in this house!  Dopey Dog, as I like to affectionately call him, did it again! And the same thing happened again!  Of course we saved him and a few minutes ago the two were walking around the living room together.  Fox is still here, I just saw the bedroom door is closed, so I guess the cat is back in there. 

Mr. Fox has also enjoyed tearing up our lacy, sheer curtain that is behind our thick curtains on the sliding door.   Tonight Little T discovered the joys of having a brother.  I kept telling him they ruin your toys.  He found out the hard way when he picked up his SpongeBob watch (one from Burger King) off the floor and discovered that the dog had chewed the band off.  Poor kid was sad.  Husband told him he had to be careful about where he leaves his things because the dog might chew it and he gave Little T a big hug. 

In a little while, I'll take him for his nightly walk/poo and pee on any and every thing he can and then he'll crate up and go nahnny (that's what we Italians call sleep to our kids).

Good Nahnny to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment