Friday, May 18, 2012

Furiends!


We made friends with some of the doggies on our daily walk!

This is Harley-he’s the Rat Terrier on the right.  Cooper is the Shitzu Mix that Mr. Fox is sniffing.  You don’t see Scruffy because she’s hiding between my legs.  



We have been walking past this house since the first day Foxy came home.  Harley’s peep didn’t have a dog then and he said he used to look out the window at me and say, “Boy, she’s got her hands full with that one!”  This makes me feel a bit redeemed as I’ve been saying my poor, issue laden Foxy has been nutso on the walk.  At least I know it’s not all in my head!  Harley’s Dad said he didn’t know what possessed him to go to the shelter and get a dog but a few months after Mr. Fox & I started our walks Harley appeared.  He is a really cute dog.  He hasn’t let me pet him yet and I’m a little worried Foxy is being too pushy. 

All that being said, I took a chance and let both dogs off their leashes to play with Harley and Cooper and… no one ran away!!!  Yippee!  I was a little worried given the yard escaping incident back in January but I kept calling both dogs and they came right away.  They also both stayed on Harley’s front lawn and didn’t run onto the sidewalk or street.  This is amazing progress for my boy.  Oh, how I wish I had video of how uncontrollable he was so I could show the comparison to now…  Mr. Fox has come such a long way and I have to say, I feel proud of myself for helping get him to this point. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful friends ~ friends are found on every road.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete