Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Toy


I don’t know what happens to dog toys in your house, but around here they don’t last very long, especially the ones that have any kind of squeaker on the inside.  Mr. Fox will squeak that squeaker until it won’t squeak anymore and then he will tear up the toy until he gets the squeaker out.  Once he’s accomplished this task, he chews the squeaker up, eats as much of it as he can until we confiscate it and then eats as much of the toy as he can until we confiscate that too. View said evidence below:

 
Incidentally, this is one of the toys I bought Foxy when we first got him a year ago.  It is one of the very few that has stood the test of time with this pup.  The other great toy and a true favorite of all three of the dogs is the Bouncy Bone.  The ends come off and you can put fresh treats on the end, when they are gone your pooch can gnaw on the nylon bone ends.  Plus you can throw it and it bounces along making for some funny doggy maneuvers while they are chasing it.  I currently don’t know where this toy is, which means it is probably buried in one of the flowerbeds.  I know this because when Ginger arrived, I hadn’t seen that toy in a while and being the digging terrier she was, she dug that thing up and was playing with all full of dirt.  All the while Mr. Fox sat in front of her and made these howling like yowling sounds mixed with yips and barks and giving me the sad eye, hoping I would take it from Ginger and give it to him!  This is the  Bouncy Bone.  I must go buy another.

3 comments:

  1. Hey. now nothing better then a squeaker, except the stuffing, muuuuummmmm good, thats why THEY give us thinks, it keeps US happy!

    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmmm.... stuffing.... they don't give me toys with stuffing anymore. Mom's afraid I will need another operation :/
      Mr. Fox

      Delete
  2. Stuffie needs surgery now! Sew him up.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete