Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Walk-Induced Psychosis

Oh that crazy Fox...  You have heard me talk about how he is a crazy ass on the leash.  I'm sorry for the word choice but, you know, there is just no other way to describe him!  Plus, I am from New Jersey and we are a colorful people.

It seems that any time I take Mr. Fox out on a walk he loses all control.  He can be laying on me like a baby in the house, but the minute I get up and put my shoes on and say "Want to go get T?" he goes nuts.  Running in circles, barking, yiping, jumping, barking, you get the picture.  It's kind of cute, but it makes it difficult to get the leash on him. I will say, we have come a very long way in a year.  When Mr. Fox arrived, we could not and I mean not get the leash on him without holding him very tightly.  The ensuing walk was horrendous.  There was the attacking of everything and thankfully we are beyond that point.

Mr. Fox charges out the gate but there is something up on the electrical wire that creates the psychosis.  I mean he goes nuts at this piece of wood or who-knows-what on the electrical wire just outside the front gate.  His nutjobness sets off the two pitbulls in my nice neighbor's house and there is then an excessive amount of barking.  I tried the Dog Whisperer trick of standing there and letting him bark it out but I have these other not so nice neighbors that I am afraid are going to call the police on me so onward I go telling Mr. Fox to 'be quiet' or 'be a nice dog'.  Scruffy meanwhile just walks along nicely and gives it to Fox if he gets in her way.  Once again, she's a terrier.  I'm beginning to wonder if they are not truly a superior breed!  I joke about this but I hate to admit, I do favor terriers, what can I say?  I am human after all.  That being said, you know how much that little Chihuahua nutjob has won my heart.  But I digress...
That Which Causes Psychosis

The psychosis continues on down the block as I have these unpleasant neighbors and one of them assaulted my husband in front of Mr. Fox and T last year.  That is a long story and I don't want to ruin my blog with negativity...  So, Mr. Fox, I think remembers this or something because until we round the corner he does not calm down.  Until...  we pass the next telephone pole with large bushes around it where he proceeds to go nuts wanting to get under the bushes to see if there is a critter he can eat.  I'm pulling and correcting all the way.  We round the next corner without incident and make it to T's school and he's ok for the most part.  We get T and walk back home and of course he goes psycho at the same two spots all over again.  When I scold him, he looks at me with that one eye... uh... it's cute and comical all that same time.

I just love this little doggy.  He is so special in so many ways and provides us with wonderfully interesting tales to tell.  I will leave you with this bit of cuteness.

True Love


1 comment:

  1. Maybe Mr. Fox is into solving crime like the assult on your husband. Since you are from New Jersey like Stephanie Plum maybe Mr. Fox is in character.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete