Friday, February 8, 2013

Dogter

Hmmm.... I don't know about this
A couple weeks ago I took Ms. Scruffy to the dogter.  Time for a check up...  I was very happy because the last time I took her she began trembling the minute we walked in the door.  She didn't tremble this time at all even though she was not thrilled to be there.

She didn't like getting her temp taken and hugged me the whole time.  Scruffy weighs 12.5 pounds!  I feel like such a proud Italian mama, I fattened her up from a measly 8.8 lbs. Then we waited for the dogter.
C'mon!  Let's go home!  Now!
What is going on out there?  

When the dogter came, Scruffy was not going for the teeth exam so I pulled up her lips and then it was time for more examining and Scruffy jumped into my arms.  Poor little girl.  She did ok though and then it was time for the shots and nail clipping in the back.  She didn't want to go but came back with nice trimmed nails and her shots. 

We are going again this week with Mr. Fox and Scruffy's getting a booster for Lepto.  Oh boy, me and two dogs at the vet!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like she was a good girl... Did she get treats... I think she deserves treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dougall she got treats - at the dogter and at home too! I'm a spoiler of the doggies!

      Delete
  2. We have two dogs in the car while only one goes in. SHE doesn't want to try all three at once! Bella registers on the Richter Scale with her trembling.

    Glad you got a good report and we see some well-deserved treats!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gals! I have guilt leaving one in the car but that's an idea. It's Mr. Fox who worries me - he won't tremble but we will be completely nutso trying to eat and pee on things. Eh, it'll make for a good story!

      Delete
  3. I know where ALL the treat jars are in the vet's complex. I've taught Kaci. We look at a jar and do a group beg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you are a smart Scottie and Kaci is a terrier! Terriers rule!

      Delete
  4. Scruffy, you have better have gotten lots of treats for that, if not, call Officer Bites and he will be over to enforce the proper puppy reward laws!!

    Your Pals
    Sus & Bites

    ReplyDelete