Friday, January 4, 2013

It's Been A Year

Me & Ginger

Hi Pups,
Mom let me, Foxy Boy, take over today.  She's kinda sad.  One year ago today our Ginger went over the rainbow bridge and I lost my eye.  It's when the bad thing happened.  If you don't know, click the link. 

I remember following my beloved Ginger out the side of the gate.  She figured it out.  She was so smart cause she was a terrier.  We were FREEEEEE!!!!  We ran and ran and ran and it was so wonderful to chase her because I loved her the minute I laid eyes and nose on her.  Then there was a bang and I was walking alone on the side of the road and my eye hurt so badly.  A nice lady picked me up and took me to the shelter cause I only had a license on.  Now I wear this tag and it has mom and dad's cell numbers on the back.


When me and the lady were on the sidewalk at the shelter, Mommy came and she was crying.  I was not my excited self and my eye must've been pretty ugly.  Mommy thanked the lady and carried me to the car and laid me on a blankie and drove me to the dogter.  That's when her phone rang and I heard her say, 'OK, thanks for telling me."  She was crying even more.  She called Daddy and that's when I heard her say that Ginger died.

We got the to dogter and she ran in with me in her arms and said, "Please help my dog."  I liked the people at the dogter.  They put a needle in my paw and it made the pain better.  They told Mommy my eye had to come out the next day and I would have to stay overnight at another, overnight hospital because I had to be watched.  They put the cone of shame on me.  Mommy took me in a crate to the overnight hospital down the street and I stayed there.  You know, there were these puppies there all night who made noise and held my interest.  The dogter told Mommy that was a good thing.  Mommy was happy when she picked me up in the morning and I pulled on the leash and sniffed like crazy on the way to the car.  I had my surgery later that day.

The morning after I slept at the overnight hospital.


This is what I looked like after my surgery.  I know, I was hideous. 
Sorry if I grossed you out but you furiends that like to break free need know what bad things can happen.  I learned the hard way. 

I got home and I looked and sniffed EVERYWHERE for my Ginger.  She was gone and I was sad.  I spent the next week laying on Mom's lap trembling here and there and getting well.  By the second week, I felt really good and I wanted to PLAAAYYY!!!




I howled at Mom and Dad every night and finally, Mom said to Dad that I needed a new furiend.  Next thing I know, my Scruffy Doodles came to live with us.  She's more aloof than Ginger but I love her to bits and I love playing tug with her most of all. 

My Scruffy Doodolls the day she came to live with us.
Remember, DO NOT leave the yard without your peep!  OK?  OK.
Love,
Mr. Fox









11 comments:

  1. That's awful. I didn't know. I lost my buddy Kenzie three months ago and it still hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scruffy Doodles is co cute,reminds me of my Kirby. Fox does look like a little fox! And Ginger is precious,what a awesome pack! Followed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you. My peep is going to check out your blog. We are just a couple of cute pups over here and sadly, if our Ginger didn't die we wouldn't have Scruffy. So weird how life is...

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh My, didn't know till now, so sad Ginger is gone, but so happy you are OK, and now have a new love in your life. So glad to hear from you guys, been missing you so much. And yeap we got out once, nothing bad happened, but we learned there is nothing out there for us, we love home & the dumb peeps. Please, keep in touch more and as you saw Bites is there for any help!

    Yor Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad to know we are missed. Mom's not so good at keeping up the blog. She gets tired after work and all that. I'll give her some encouraging licks so she'll write more.

      Delete
  4. I is so sorry that this day must be so painfuls for you! I is sorry bouts Ginger. No, you didn't looks ugly after your surgery at alls! You is pawesome, Mr Fox <3
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cotton. I had Mommy's lap and that helped me so very much to feel better. I don't think I look too badly now and I think Mom should make me be a pirate for Halloween! HA!

      Delete
  5. That is so sad, RIP Ginger, we all love and miss you!! Your poor eye! That must have hurt so bad, i'm glad it's all fixed up now though. You didn't look bad after surgery!! I hope you and your mummy and Scruffy Doodolls have a great day! :)
    Loads of love, Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milo. I'm ok now. Mom rubs on my missing eye spot to give it a little scratch. I like that. We've had a lovely day and hope you did too!

      Delete
  6. That is so SAD. Your poor family, poor you and poor Ginger!

    :(

    ReplyDelete