Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Collar

This is Scruffy....

This is Scruffy's collar....
Yes, it is ripped apart.  Do you want to know it got that way?

MR. FOX CHEWED IT OFF OF HER NECK!!!
This is not the first time the One-Eyed Wonder (as his fairy godmother, Nanci calls him) has done this.  This is the SECOND collar he has chewed off her neck.  I mean, does she just lay there during the day when we are at work and allow Fox to gnaw at her neck???  I mean really...  At night, the Mr. Fox will play with her or lick her face but she's a pretty tough cookie and she growls and doesn't let him get away with very much.  Ugh.  

Now I want to find her a new, more durable collar.  I already got another Target cheapy because I must have a tag on her.  I'm paranoid since the previous escaping incident.  I have a metal choke collar for her, but I hate that thing.  My childhood dogs all grew up with choke collars but you know, she is a girl.  A real girlie girl at that.  I mean she should really be named Cupcake or Princess (no, not that, I have a girl in my class with that name) or Tiffany or Tiara or something feminine.  I thought I was going to get my pink buying jollies with this dog.  You know, pink collar, pink leash, pink sweater and maybe even a pink bow in that Scruffy hair BUT NOOOOO....  I have to have some durable collar because of my one-eyed beast!  Man I love that Foxy Dog!!  He is so bad sometimes but I love him to bits!  

I think the funniest thing was when I saw the collar this morning and I said, "Baaad Dog!" and Husband told me not to scold the dog because he doesn't know what he did wrong and we don't want him to get a complex.  Yes, he was serious.  Really, he was.  He is a hopeless animal lover.  One day I will tell you about the raccoons. 

6 comments:

  1. You can always buy a pink collar and trying spraying it with "Bitter Yuk". You can find it in the Pet store. The hypothesis is: "Mr. Fox will not like the taste of Bitter Yuk and with one lick of the sprayed collar, he will walk away". Just go to Petsmart, or a pet section and look for something like this. We had to use this stuff to deter our puppies from chewing things back in the day.... Hope this works. Fern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fern! You are the best! I'm going to go look for this stuff today and I will let you know how it works.

      Delete
  2. Collars, what problems they are, mine gets caught sometimes and dad must rescue me, if wasn't for the tag mine would be gone. Scruffys to cute to wear a collar!!!

    Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bites, she is soooo cute! Collars are a lot of trouble aren't they!

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella! What's your website? Are you friends with the Scotties?

      Delete