Saturday, July 7, 2012

Random Thoughts

It's been a while since I've posted.  Here are a few things that have been on my mind.

The last week at work with those 4th graders was ROUGH to say the least.  I came home a few times and laid on the bed and nearly cried.  You know who came around and made me feel better?  Not Mr. Fox.  Not Scruffy.  Not even, Shaggy, the best cat.  It was Scooby.  Scooby, the total scaredy cat, came out from under the bed to lay with me and purr while I petted his silky fur.  Oh, Scooby, you touched me so!  Cats are magical - my dear friend who told me this is right.
_________________________________________

Mr. Fox & Scruffy have different barks.  Why I realize these things, I do not know.  But... they do.  Mr. Fox has more of an arffy woof and Scruffy has more of a ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff in quick succession - they come out fast, those little barks of hers!
_________________________________________

Speaking of Scruffy... When we got her after, you know, the tragedy, I didn't think I could really fall in love with her like Ginger.  By oh my, has she won my heart.  I am so in love with that little dog!  So is Husband and T too.  We seem to treat her a little more delicately because she seems like a little Diva dog who acts all tough on the outside but is really a delicate, pretty pup. 
_________________________________________

When Husband comes home, Scruffy sits at the window wagging and barking and crying because she is sooooo happy her Daddy is home.  It is just the cutest thing to see.
_________________________________________

The dog walking suffered along with the blog updating during the last weeks of work so we've gotten back into a daily routine since being home for the summer.  I really can't stand walking with two leashes in my hand because one dog goes one way and the other dog goes another.  Usually it's Mr. Fox who wants to go everywhere all at once.  Plus the side of my hand gets a rub burn on it from Mr. Fox's leash and all the redirecting.  Due to all the redirecting, I got him a pinch collar.  I didn't feel so good about it but it works to a degree and I put it on my arm and pulled and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  Next, I decided to get a coupler and a retractable leash.  This has proved both comical and easy for me.  He still goes his own way but pulls her with him.  Scruffy, having noticed this, started pulling him along in her direction.  They are figuring it out.  Yippee! 
My dogs have cute butts!
Scruffy says, "Here he goes again, with all that pee mail... Sigh."



Well there's lots more to say but I will leave it at that for now and post more of the exciting events that occurred later on.


6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, teaching is a rough gig. My human can totally relate, she teaches special needs kids age 12 to 14. They sure can take it out of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. That is rough. I'm sure you give her some good puppy love when she comes home.

      Delete
  2. Your butts are all awesome! Check out mine!:)
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xyscgocl7oc/T_EgofDDLRI/AAAAAAAAATk/CENXPuu66Y4/s1600/Look-0037.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!! That is one very cute butt indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if that isn't a predicament you are tethered to a human and another dog. Gosh no privacy for personal duties at all.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete