Monday, June 27, 2011

Crate Tales

Mr. Fox came to our home already crate trained.  He happily went in the crate every night to sleep and stayed in there all night long.  Until.....  Mr. Sap, uh, I mean my husband, got to feeling guilty and bad for the dog because he was in a cage all night.

One night Husband got up around 2 am for some water and said hello to the dog.  NO!! What was he thinking!! Damn dog woke up and barked until I, yes I, not Husband got up and let him out to pee.  I put him back in the crate but he wasn't having that.  Lots of barking.  Lots.  Next thing I know the dog is in the bed... with his back pushed up against mine.  Of course this came after much walking all over the bed in an attempt to find the right spot.  Oh puppy....  

I slept like crap but the dog was happy.  Husband was exhausted and needed a nap the next day.  I am convinced men are the weaker sex.

One night I went to bed before Husband - very rare - and when I got up in the morning I saw that Fox was never put in his crate.  Ugh.  Here we go - I train the animal, Husband detrains, this happens with Little T too, so I wasn't surprised.  This not going into the crate continued for a good week with things going further south each day.  The dog had to be in our room, on our bed, sleeping with us.  Again after much running around the calm bed first.  Did I mention all the hissing that took place first because the cats were pissed off that the dog had taken their place? 

Thinking I could just leave him out of our room, I would let Mr. Fox fall asleep on the couch and then sneak off to be at 11:30pm.  Then the barking would start and the scratching at the door and if we didn't open it fast enough he'd pee right at the bottom of the door.  Damn dog really is a spiteful cat in disguise!!  Needless to say, now that I am off on summer vacation the dog is back in the crate and I only had to come out and sleep on the couch twice to keep him company.  Now he's back on track, in the crate, all night, no problem.  Thanks for small miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment