Monday, June 27, 2011

Swimming!

A couple of weeks ago we put Fox in the pool to see if he could swim.  Like a trooper and in true doggy fashion, he dog paddled right to the steps and walked out.  We did this two or three times and felt comfortable that he could swim.

Well... a week later I went out to the store for a few hours.  When I came home, I saw Little T sitting on the living room floor alone.  I asked him where daddy was - laying down - ugh.  If you know my husband, you know this is no surprise as he loves to sleep and figures Little T can take care of himself because that's what his parents made him do.  Anyway....  my next question was 'where's the dog?'  Little T says he doesn't know and at the same time I notice the sliding door is open and the pool water is moving.  So I went outside to find poor Mr. Fox clinging to the side of the pool for dear life.  Poor pup must have fallen in the deep end and couldn't see the steps because they were blocked by floating things and just hung on.  I pulled him out and dried him off and he went back to his normal crazy ass self.

And this is where I say, WTF is wrong with men!!! Holy crap!! IF a woman/mother were to lay down while her kid was watching cartoons it would be in the same room and she wouldn't fall asleep so she could hear if some being needed her AND she would close the door so nobody could fall in the pool!! Asshole!!

Having said that, Husband does have redeeming qualities.  Here is one in the following photo - my power washed and painted back of the house.  The paint was left over from one his jobs and yes, we are can only do one side at a time!  Hence why my blog is about the dog and not my imperfect family! Plus I think the dog is far more entertaining than we will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment