Thursday, June 16, 2011

More First Impressions

Here's another email I sent to Mr. Fox's fairy Godmother - more to follow.

Dear Nani,
We are on a schedule - I take Fox out in the backyard every morning and he pees.  Husband takes him for a short walk after taking Little T to school.  I go work and the poor dog barks because he wants to come with me.  When I come home I take him for a walk to get Little T from school or after school program, depending on the day.  Today, I took the dog to Torrance Park and he could not get enough of all the smells!  O.M.G.!  This poor dog was so overwhelmed, he did not know which way to turn to find the next spot to pee/mark.  He didn't even have any pee left!!!  At one point, he pulled so hard that he pulled the retractable leash right out of my hand - I panicked internally but he came to me and on we went.  We got Little T and walked home.  He was tired but ran right in to the water bowl and took a big drink.  I fed him dinner and cooked dinner with him hovering around.  Then we ate and Husband didn't want him begging so he put Mr. Fox into the crate.  He didn't like that, but we told him to be quiet and no talking and he got better.  When we were done we let him out and gave him a piece of our steak.  And then ......

Husband let the cats out of our bedroom! Shaggy, my baby, and a cat who takes no shit, looked at the dog.  The dog looked at Shaggy.  Shaggy took a spot on top of a dresser we have in the living room-one of Shaggy's favorite spots. Fox didn't really seem to care too much about the cat.  By the way, Scooby, Shaggy's twin, was hiding somewhere!  Fox kept doing his, run back and forth thing. He went between the living room and playing with Little T in his room, but at one point he came over to the dresser.  I kept telling him 'No, the cat will scratch you.'  But he went over and got up on his hind legs a little and Shaggy hissed and took a swipe at him.  Shaggy missed and Fox ran.  Then Fox did the cutest thing.  He got on the couch next to me and started licking my arm, while I was petting Shaggy with the other hand.  He would lick me and look at Shaggy as if to say, 'See, I like her too.  See, I'm ok because I like your person.'  It was really funny.  Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but I think this dog is smart and was trying to ingratiate himself with the cat through me!  They hung out the rest of the night with no problem.  Shaggy just looked at Fox leerily all night, but tolerated him.  Of course I told my Shaggy, that he was still the Alpha and not to worry.  I also told the dog that Shaggy was the Alpha and he should get used to it!  I know, I'm nuts.  We went out for our nightly walk and he pooed, came in, got a treat, and is now in his crate sleeping.  Cute puppy.

Oh yeah, after dinner Husband had a little talk with Mr. Fox.  He took the dog's face up to his and asked him if he wanted to stay and if he liked it here.  I asked Husband if he wanted to keep the dog and he said, 'well you guys like him'  I asked Husband what he wanted, not what he thought we wanted and he said, he wanted to keep the dog.  He likes him and thinks it's very cute they way he trots around the house. 

Also, when I came home, the sliding door was open to the back.  Husband said he left it open and the dog was going in and out all day with him.  We did that tonight too.  He would go out and come back over and over.  This made me feel good.  He's not trying to get away.  He is a sweet little doggie, completely nuts and the dog that everyone looks at because of how hyper he is, but sweet.

Tomorrow - T-ball game!! He will like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment