Thursday, June 16, 2011

Impressions from March 29, 2011

I know you are dying to know how your little furry friend is....

He is so cute.  He comes over to us and gives us little hugs.  He rubs the side of his body onto ours and leans into us while we pet him.  Soooo cute.  Tonight he jumped on the couch and gave Husband a cuddle and then took a toy up and laid in my lap until Little T came around caused him to move.  When I put him in his crate the other night I gave him three cookies (my name for dog biscuits) and he took each one separately and put it down next to him and then ate them when he had them all.  He didn't just gobble each one as I handed it to him.  We got him rawhide bones and he takes them and hides them, like he's burying them!  He put one inside a bag I have Little T's nebulizer in and he then pushed the bone down with his nose! 

Sometimes though, he is not so cute.... Today he peed on my curtains.  I opened the sliding door to let him out and he ran out, peed on the plant, ran in and peed on the curtain.  I don't know if he forgot he was inside because he never did that before.  I told him he was a baaaad dog and naughty.  He got that sheepish, 'oh, shit, I'm sorry' look on his face and his body kept wagging because he was so happy we were awake and it was morning.  He also seems to find something to chew while we are at work.  One day Little T left out a bag of cotton balls he was doing crafts with and they were chewed up and today he chewed up the plastic bag the newspaper was in.  I'm wondering if this is why he had diarrhea today. 

We went for our usual walk to pick up Little T and I have been using the retractable leash on the afternoon walk.  I'm wondering if it is too much for him.  Too much stimuli, you know.  He is like a crazy dog.  People look at him.  The other dogs look at him.  He's like that wild kid in your class that stands out.... Anyway.... At night I take him out on the regular 6 ft nylon leash and he seems to walk better.  I may switch.  I took him to the park again and let the 23ft of leash out so he get out some of his energy.  Poor dog was nuts with the smells.  And tonight when we went for the nightly walk he seemed surprised when I turned around to go home.  He looked at me like, 'that's it?'  That surprised me because the nightly walk has always been a short one.  I have been walking the same route everyday and that's the way he naturally goes now, which I think is good.  Our first Scottie, Robbie, got out once and he ran right to my neighbor's house around the block.  We were good friends with them and their dog!! 

Dog vs. Cat
I swear Shaggy, the alpha cat, doesn't care as much about that dog as he did about the kitten that adopted us.  He slapped that kitten's face every day!  A couple of times Fox came into the bedroom and jumped on the bed while the cat was laying on it and there was no drama.  Tonight I let Shaggy into the living room and he walked around while Mr. Fox sniffed his butt in a very dog like fashion.  The cat just walked around with the dog at his butt!!! Then Foxy kept sniffing Shaggy and acting like he wanted to play and he'd bark on and off.  A few times Shaggy hissed at him but that was it.  Shaggy found the highest spot and hung out there! Just like with Little T, he would move juuuust out of reach! 

I love that crazy pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment