Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Impressions....

This is an excerpt from one of the emails I sent to Nani about Mr. Fox during the first week we had him.  At the time, we were testing him out and deciding if we would keep the kooky dog, and we did!

3/21/11
The humping has begun!  Yes, it has... He humped the cat bed we tried to get him sleep in and now he is chewing and throwing around the pillow that goes inside it.  We can't afford hundreds of dollars for neutering so if you have any recommendations for a low cost place, let me know.  I'm going to call my vet tomorrow.  

When I came home I asked Bruce how the day went with the dog and he was in 'work mode' so he didn't have much to say other than they went for a walk and the dog pooped.  Oh, and the new harness got chewed through.  So, I went out to PetSmart with the dog, dumb me, and I proceeded to try harnesses on the very, very, very wiggly, excited dog.  Very comical, very.  Mr. Fox was actually turning around in my arms.  My black fleece hoodie was covered in fox colored fur, but I got a harness on him and made the cashier just scan the dog! I also got a choke collar.  All of our dogs wore them and this one he has not gotten off.  Phew.  

Then I walked to the dog to get Little T at his after school club.  The dog had a lovely walk and pooped and seemed tired by the time we got home but he wanted to play ball in the living room, so we did that.  Then Little T threw his toys around for him.  He hovered around me as I cooked dinner and when Husband finally emerged from his office he picked up the dog like it was his baby and he and Little T discussed keeping him.  I love his little expressive eyes.  I have a feeling he is some kind of working breed.  He points, you know, picks up a paw when he sees something.  

As far as I'm concerned, I'm keeping him.  I worry about Husband because he is, 'delicate', as my mother likes to say.  Too many things bug him - I had to stop playing ball because the ball squeaker was too much.  Oye.....   Oh, and Fox likes our shoes.  I found one of mine in another room!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment